It is vital to a small business to have successful promotions to continue to drive loyalty, attract new customers and maintain a positive image within the marketplace.
How can promotional products make an impact for small businesses with tight budgets?
Forbes: "A 2016 study by the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) explains everything you need to know about the effectiveness of promotional products. According to the study, most people keep promotional products for an average of eight months. That means your advertisement is sitting in front of someone longer than a simple PPC ad or pop-up on a website. The actual time is dependent on the product, with umbrellas lasting for 14 months and hats lasting only seven."
New York Times: “If you give something, the recipient is honor bound to give something back,” he said. “In every language and culture, research has found there are really pejorative words for people who get and don’t give back. We humans are hard wired to respond if we get something.”
Design Hill: Businesses need promotional products as a cost-effective means of reaching out to more potential customers. This is a low-cost marketing method to drive customers. Even established global players resort to this marketing strategy. For small businesses like startups, promotional products help cut their marketing budget and still draw people’s attention.
- In the U.S, 8 out of 10 consumers have one to 10 promotional products
- Six out of 10 such consumers keep promotional products with them for up to two years.
- 85% of people do business with the advertiser after receiving a promotional item.
- 31% of the U.S consumers own a promotional bag.
- 89% of consumers can recall the advertiser even two years after receiving a promotional product.
- 63% of consumers give away their promotional products when not needed.
Here are some great tech promotional items perfect for small businesses.